If you are somebody who practices yoga on a regular basis, then odds are you have probably heard about Aerial Yoga – a new and exciting exercise methodology. Aerial movements arise from performance art, fusing together traditional yoga postures with acrobatics and dancing.
I’ve got one question for you. Are you interested in flying? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to do something like this? If your answer is yes, then this Yoga variant is for you. Understand this yoga in and out before you step into your first class.
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial Yoga or Anti-gravity yoga is a mixture of classic yoga asanas, acrobatics, and dance moves performed suspended from the atmosphere with the assistance of a hammock that is suspended from the ceiling as a brace to help you through the respective flows.
The objective of a hammock would be to assist you to improve flexibility and build strength while enabling you to perform harder poses without additional pressure on your shoulders, spine, or head.
To practice this yoga, you don’t need to be worried about the hammock ripping together along with your body’s weight, it can take up the weight to 300 kilos. Air Yoga and Anti-gravity yoga, are some of the other names of this yoga.
For advanced yoga professionals, this yoga really is a novel method of studying the familiar and including a challenging angle into the fundamentals. On the flip side, employing the hammock for novices makes innovative yoga poses potential and comfy to hold.
What are the benefits of Aerial Yoga?
- Aerial yoga helps you proceed freely by putting in less attempt and counteracting gravity.
- Staying suspended in the air releases pressure from the muscles and bones and increases flexibility.
- It also strengthens core muscles and increases spinal and shoulder flexibility.
- So the stretches and movements that are part of the workout improve the digestive system, helping cure various digestion-related problems, including indigestion and constipation.
- It can be very exciting to go against the wind, this yoga also helps with balance and stability in daily activities.
- Balance is a vital component in daily activities, and it can help maintain a fantastic balance both inside and outside.
- It fortifies your neural connections, therefore, rendering better memory ability.
Combats Heart Problems
- By boosting healthy blood circulation, it can fight cardiovascular disease. It detoxifies the human body and significantly lowers the chance of cardiovascular disease.
Top 5 poses for aerial yoga beginners
- Half Dog Shoulder Stretch
- Low Lunge in Wrist Wrap
- Chair in the Cross Position
- Layback in the Cross Position
- Plank with the Feet in the Hammock
1. Half Dog Shoulder Stretch
- This pose will help you to give a deep stretch to your spine and shoulders.
- It improves your posture and also helps to reduce your sciatica pain and lower back pain.
- Apart from this, it also works on your neck muscles and reduces your stress and anxiety level.
2. Low Lunge With Wrist Wrap
- This pose will help you to give a fine stretch to your hip flexors and sciatica.
- Performing this pose will give relief from your emotional and hormonal stress.
- It will also help you to level up your lower body flexibility level.
- It is also one of the best lower back stretches.
Also Read:- 20 Yoga Quotes To Inspire You And Get You Going
3. Chair Pose
- It helps you to improve your BBP ( bad body posture ).
- Help you in your spinal decompression.
- Give you relief in your sciatica problem and lower back pain.
- This pose will help you to achieve the feeling of real relief in the shoulders, neck, and back.
4. Layback in the Cross Position
- This pose is a stress-reliever and posture improver.
- It is therapeutic for asthma patients.
- It helps to stimulate your nervous system.
- Give a deep stretch to your chest muscles, shoulders, abs, and lungs.
- This pose helps to calm your mind and body.
5. Plank on Aerial Hammock
- It helps to improve your balance and stability of your body.
- This pose works to increase or improves your core strength.
- It also helps to increase your legs, shoulders, wrist, arms, and spine strength.
- Improves your BBP and confidence.
So these are some important information that every aerial yoga beginner must know before stepped into this yoga method.
Starting it will not only help you to keep your body and mind fit and balanced but also help you to know about your true potential by challenging yourself.
Now it is your time to stop thinking about but start doing it. And one more thing once you start doing it at least do it for 2-3 months with the disciple to get the maximum benefits of it.
Because if you started it and won’t do it regularly, you will quite it very soon, but as per my experience you will be loving aerial yoga for sure.